I have a job where I am managing the workstack of a team of people who are split across five units of work. Each unit has their own list of requirements. I need to prioritise these with the business across all five units to create a single, consolidated list of requirements the team can work on (probably in a Kanban structure).
I could add all the requirements to a single project on Jira, prioritise it, then the team could pick up the reqs and work on them. Of course, when new requirements come in from the units, this becomes very messy in a single project.
Something I've read about on these forums a lot is the idea of having multiple Jira projects (e.g. one for each unit), but then consolidating them in a single board. This would allow me to have a single view of all the in progress, to do and done items the team are or have been working on.
But can I check - how is priority management done in this model? Or to put it another way, is there any intelligent way I can allow five separate units to prioritise just their Jira requirements, then somehow master the requirements across these five units into a single list using this model?
I can't be the first person trying to do this - what is best practice here?