We are trying to give a technician the ability to create reports on our Service desk. We have added him as a developer but he still does not see the New report option under reports.
is this for JSW or JSD? it is listed under JSW. A "developer"? try making him an agent in the JSD project.
Sorry, new here. JSD and he is an agent and still can't see the option, so added dev as a test.
No worries Robert! I moved the post to be under JSD.
So the tech is listed as a Service Desk Agent under the Permissions > Project permissions. I thought that a SDA could actually update reports but will need to investigate.
I looked at this again. It has been awhile since I looked at permissions for Reports. It appears that being able to edit or add new reports requires project admin permissions (Permissions > Administer Projects). So you can create a unique group for the tech and add the group to the project > project settings > permissions > Administer projects.
let me know if that works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.