Confluence document editor has to be the worse experience I have ever had editing a document. To mention a couple of issues:
- Random amount of space between paragraphs - not correctable
- If image is left aligned the text goes next to it, even if corrected in the editor it just goes back to how it was when you publish
- Changing Formatting on one bit of text will affect the whole document
- Headers seem to just turn back to paragraphs on their own
- Paragraphs turn to headers on their own
Basically if you want a document to be formatted in a certain way then confluence is not the tool to use. I would go as far to say that its unusable for document editing.
After looking into this its a common issue thats been reported multiple times... Atlassian don't seem to care as they are not doing anything about it and actually advise to link to gists instead of using their editor.. why pay for confluence then? lazy devs I guess!
Anyone else had a bad experience with the document editor?