From jira I need to make an external API call that gives me back the values that will be set in the issu fields. It's possible?
It is.
of course your source will have to have a rest api end point to call from to Jira.
Do you have Jira server or Cloud?
And, do you have ScriptRunner add-on? you will need this to make your rest call
I Have Jira Server
My source is a java web application that exposes calls REST API
I dont have ScriptRunner but I have Jira Misc Workflow Extensions can I do something with it or do I need ScriptRunner?
JMWE is good enough if you want to run your REST API call on transition (every time a speicific transition occur) you can do that with "Scripted (Groovy) operation on issue (JMWE add-on)" post-function.
If you want to run it one time from the admin add-on screen with "Groovy script tester".
In both options, you can write a groovy script, groovy is a script language based Java.
you can give me some examples.You are very kindThank you
Also you can use free Easy Integrations app's post function.
Here you can see a brief documentation on how to do that.
I try to change approach.But first I need to know if there is a way to show a web form within a (particular) field on an issue. In practice I have a web link and I need to shoot the result in a field. It's possible?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.