I am trying to install JIRA for the first time and am unable to connect to the database. I keep getting the error message ' Error connecting to database. No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://http://xx.xx.xxx.xx:5432/jiradb'
I am not a professional user when it comes to Linux. I would really need step by step directions to resolve the issue here.
I am running Cent OS 7 and as a database I opted to use Postgresql. From my understanding and following the instructions, I thought the JDBC drivers for Postgres would be part of the install, but that doesn't seem like to be the case.
I went over to Jira website and downloaded the 'postgresql-9.4-1202.jdbc41.jar' JDBC driver, but I'm not 'exactly' which directory to upload it into. I have created the users and db as indicated in the docs, but still no luck here. What do i need to do to get to the next steps here. Here are some images, not sure if they help, but here they are:





Any help here would be appreciated.