I am using Jira (v 7.5) and when I changed the description to optional in field configuration it still showing as required. Any reason for that ?
The field behavior might have been set to "Required"
Go to "Jira Project" > Project Settings > Fields > Action (top right) > Edit Fields
Click "Optional" test in the "Description" field row.
@Aswin Achuthan I did as you mentioned and still it showing required field.
Are you sure you are looking at the right field configuration for the project and issue type? The field configurations are the only way plain Jira puts the * in place and makes it mandatory.
If you are sure, then you have made it mandatory using a add-on like the Behaviours module in ScriptRunner, and you'll need to reconfigure that to remove it.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I am sure that I looking at the right filed configuration and issue type and even double checked it.
How can I check the behaviours module and reconfigure it. Please help me how to do it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.