I'm installing Jira 7.12.1 on CentOS and I'm up to Step 2. Copy the MySQL JDBC driver to your application server.
Step 2.3 restart I used commands /etc/init.d/jira stop > Enter > /etc/init.d/jira start > Enter > Browser > http://192.168.1.141:8080 and error: This site can't be reached.
I think I install the MySQL driver JDBC Connector/J 5.1 in the correct location in /lib.
Here's the output I see when starting Jira with the command:
[code]
[root@localhost /]# /etc/init.d/jira start
To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fg
executing using dedicated user: jira
.....
.... .NMMMD. ...
.8MMM. $MMN,..~MMMO.
.?MMM. .MMM?.
OMMMMZ. .,NMMMN~
.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,
,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.
=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD.
.MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,
.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.
,NMMMMMMM8.
.:,.$MMMMMMM
.IMMMM..NMMMMMD.
.8MMMMM: :NMMMMN.
.MMMMMM. .MMMMM~.
.MMMMMN .MMMMM?.
Atlassian JIRA
Version : 7.12.1
If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
Existing PID file found during start.
Tomcat appears to still be running with PID 3917. Start aborted.
If the following process is not a Tomcat process, remove the PID file and try again:
UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
jira 3917 1 1 00:28 ? 00:00:16 /opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassi
[/code]