I have user that is having issues with is email addresses and user accounts.
His first account was created in 2014 using the company email address of durga.prasad@xpologistics.com on the xpologistics.atlassian.net cloud.
The company changed names and it should have been updated to durga.prasad@xpo.com. Instead of making updates within id.atlassian.com someone created another account in Jira today which should not have happened.
Then I added him to another cloud we manage cnwyjira.atlassian.net with his durga.prasad@xpo.com address this afternoon.
I heard from the user that he was not able to access his data in Jira any longer.
So, I had the user change the account with the durga.prasad@xpo.com address to a personal email address prasad.sri1987@gmail.com.
Next, I had the user update the user account email durga.prasad@xpologistics.com to durga.prasad@xpo.com in id.atlassian.com site.
The account email was successfully updated within id.atlassian.com.
I had the user log out and log back into the xpologistics.atlassian.net cloud BUT it did not recognize the email address change.
Now the user has 3 different accounts xpologistics.atlassian.net.