Hey all,
I have a repo that has a number of steps and the process is quick but before every step is pulls a new image even though it is the same. Is there a way I can pull the image once and run all steps/deploymets using the same image ?
Thanks
Hey @[deleted]
According to our documentation each step runs it’s own separate Docker container, which means that they must run in a different context for each step.
You can define a global image for your build, which will use the same image for your whole build, like this for example:
image: openjdk #this image will be used by all steps unless overridden pipelines: default: - step: script: - npm install - npm test - step: - npm install - npm test
Let me know if this helps!
Gabi
Hey Gabi
Thanks for your reply. I am using a global image already.
However, the biggest problem I have is that every single step will pull and clone a new image, even though is the same as the step before, and that slow down my release significantly.
I would love if I could pull/clone the image once and run multiple steps.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Luiz
@Gabriele Franck
Hey, @[deleted]
As you can see in our Configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml doc, 'each step starts a new Docker container that includes a clone of your repository, and then runs the contents of your script section inside it. '
script
Which means that you can't use multiple steps here
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.