I have followed the steps outlined here to change the default sort order of the comments in a Jira ticket.
I see that the sort order has inded changed when looking at an individial ticket, however, it has not changed when looking at the 'Backlog view'
Hi @Vlad
The jira.issue.actions.order property order of actions from tab items like 'Comments', 'Change History', etc on the 'View Issue' screen only. It won't applies to the Backlog view.
If you want to also sort your backlog, you'll need to edit your board's filter, using ORDER BY by the end of you your JQL.
Let me know if this helps!
Gabi
Hi Gabi and thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, your answer doesn't help in this instance. Sorry if it isn't clear for the screenshots, but it's not the backlog tickets that I want sorted. I need the comments on a ticket sorted.
When you click on a ticket, a sidebar shows on the right with the ticket details. If you scroll down, there are comments for that ticket. Those comments are in the wrong sort order. This only happens when I am looking at tickets in the little sidebar thing in backlog views.
Thanks,
Vlad
Hey there,
Now I get it!
Currently, this is not available in the new issue view.There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability, here:
Configuring the 'jira.issue.actions.order' property on Jira's Advanced Settings page has no effect in the new board's issue detail view
For now, as a workaround, you can disable the new board's issue detail view following the steps described below:
PS: ask your users to do it, the steps above works only for the current user.
Let me know if we are on the same page now, @Vlad!
Hi Gabriele,
I cannot find Labs in my profile. I followed the steps you mentioned. I don't think it's turned on for my account. I'm a Jira admin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.