I am trying to set up an Issue Type for Announcements and have gotten most things working so far. I have it as the default queue for the Project, it is integrated with the Space homepage for the project in Confluence, but I am having trouble with email notifications.
The notification sent when the Issue is created works fine and is displayed normally, but if any edits are made to the styled description, the email for that shows the markup text instead of the styles.
Is this a bug or is there some configuration option I am missing? I think it might be intentional because of the change highlighting.

I like the highlighting for the edits as it is clear what was and wasn't changed, but is there a way to show that in addition to displaying the styles? If not, I would rather display the styles only and just have it look the same as the original announcement.
Also, can this be changed for this issue type only, or would I have to abandon the change highlighting universally? This is the only issue type with any styling in it, everything else is plain text IT tickets.

I am running Jira Service Desk Server
Version 7.11.2
Build Number 711002
Jira Service Desk 3.14.12-REL-002