I've implemented CascadingSelectCFType in Jira plugin. I've usinf getVelocityParameters to set some parameters to customize options (hiding some of them) in template at vreating issue. In jira frontend is everything ok, If I create an issue at service desk portal CF is displayed but getVelocityParameters is never called. I think that service desk is not rendering custom field with velocity as Jira does..
How to change display options of FC at rendering?
How is service desk displaying CF?
Unanswerd posts with similar contents;
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Implementing-SelectCFType-for-Service-Desk-with-custom-options/qaq-p/632539
Currently, JSD does not support complex customfields. It does not render either the vm file or the js codes. It wraps your whole implementation.
Anyway, there are low level tricks to handle this but I think it is wise to wait for Atlassian solution for this.
Thank you.
You menitiond low level do you mean java script or sometihng else? So if I would like to filter values after component is generated on a screen, I think javascript is only posibble solution. Am I wrong? I haven't found any doc about service desk. I know, I can include custom js in plugin with <context>servicedesk.portal</context> and make changes by getting conditions for filtering with ajax calls and then filter values.
Does service desk have any javascript events at showing different pages( like "Create bug")?
I am asking myself, why we are allowed to change CF template in Jira, if the same CF showed in JSD isn't affected. All I would like to do is to limit showed CF options with some additional logged user propertyes on JSD screen.
I've created a suggestion JSDSERVER-6015
Once in he future I hope it will get enough votes to ....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.