Hello.
I was asked to configure Jira to show a tree of User Stories with multiple Tasks under each, grouped by Sprint, like this:
- Sprint 1
- User Story 1
- User Story 2
- ...
- Sprint 2
- Backlog
So I decided that any Task must be linked to it's respective User Story with Issue Link - Split From. This way I have User Stories split to Tasks.
To display the tree, I have configured a Structure that:
- Selects User Stories with Filter synchronizer
- Groups Tasks using Issue Links:
- Links (Issue split)
- Source of Truth: Structure
- Structure primacy
- Parent issue split to sub-issue
- Sync issues in structure and all sub-issues linked from them
- Move sub-issues with no incoming links upwards
- Then sorts using Agile:
- Agile (board Agile Board)
- Source of Truth: Structure
- Epics synchronized
- Rank synchronized
- Consecutive ranking
- Sub-task position forced
- Groups User Stories by Sprint using Automation
Now it displays perfect, and even when I move User Stories to change their Agile Rank in Structure, Agile Board reflects those changes.
The problem comes when i add a User Story to a Sprint in the Structure. Tasks that the User Story is split to, are not getting into the Sprint, their Sprint field remains empty.
How can I achieve that when I move a User Story into a Sprint, all the Tasks, that are linked as Split From the User Story, get into that Sprint?
Thank you!
P.S.: Don't mark my post as Spam and delete it please, like the previous time, it's a real question.