We had a large number of files in a single folder. I was looking for a file exists or not. I wasn't aware of the filter box and did not know it the sorting is capital letters first then small letters. So the file I was looking for, which starts with a small letter, was not displayed on the page. And I did not scroll further down, so I was not aware that there is a message saying 'Showing the first 500 items. If you're looking for a specific file, try the file filter.'. It created a lot of confusion for me to think that the file is not present.
UI improvement suggestions are
- Sort by characters irrespective of case, e.g. all starting with 'A' and 'a' are together.
- Put the message 'Showing the first 500 items. If you're looking for a specific file, try the file filter.' on top so that we know there are more files which are not displayed.