I have two Insight objects: Departments and Employees
How can I link Jira users to Employees and Jira Groups to Depts?
There are two ways of doing so:1. Direct JIRA DIrectory users/groups (User/Group attribute type in Insight Objects)Pros and Cons:+ direct relation to JIRA users/groups+ simpler IQL queries for automations, Post functions etc.- no reference showed in Insight Digrams- no user attributes - like phone, contact details etc.2. Indirect - using Insight Objects for Users (referencing one object type to another), with attribute referring JIRA USer for User Object Type.Pros and Cons:+ You can maintain user objects the same way as others - with attributes integrated e.g. from imports (from LDAP/AD) or added manually+ ability to REFER objects to user, e.g. assets owned, Business Units, Management references, etc.+ shown on Insight Diagrams- You need more complex IQLs to refer objects in JIRA fields to JIRA user- more objects in schema, bigger effort on maintenance (e.g. synchronisations)This option You can achieve by using either built in LDAP/AD import or free ad-onn - JIRA and Bitbucket environments import/sync for Insight.
Hello @PJ Wysota ,
I'v set it up like Option 2;
In insight I created HR (Human Resource) ObjectSchema; ( & ITSM ObjectSchema for CMDB. ) And within ObjectType "Employee" = with Objects = "Hans Wolff" (my name)
Do you have a example for the Complex IQL? and where do i put it? In Asset Type Configuration ? (We use Cloud version) but I read that I cant select on Reporter? Is there a Workaround?
Use case is:
I like to report a issue on my laptop or on my mobile phone liked to me as a Jira user/ Reporter. on the Portal
So when im on the portal i only want to see my Ïnbound; on 1 custom field:
Hope you can help. Thanx already for taking the time.
Gr Hans
Yeah, so unfortunately, as it states in documentation - Reporter variable will not work in Cloud.
As for Workaround - I don't think there is any at the moment, cause even if you bypass this at first level, by calling User Object instead (e.g. ObjectType = Employee AND Object having In/OutR("",Owned by), at 2nd level you wanna call in reference to issue reporter.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will start testing if the workaround could work... I keep you post-it.
Thanks
So guys - got my hands on Insight EAP for new version in the Cloud (should be available for Premium Cloud Customers by end of Q2 2021) and this is one of use casesI wanna test. WIll keep you posted.
Thats good and bad news...Good news is that there will be a solution. Bad news is that its ony for Premium Cloud customers.
It is always like watching your mother in law in your brand new Porsche falling down the cliff.
Partly Confirmed - it works at the moment with current User() (see screen)
However - still no progress on fields values variables, which I reported to EAP as FR. IMO it is not only ${Reporter} case, but there would be much more e.g. referenceof Jira Date Field to Insight Date atribute, e.g. "End of Life" <= ${End Date}
So @PJ Wysota back to the basic question as I'm totally new to Jira and we have got the premium Service Management, as you mentioned earlier using the Users field in the Insight Schema, can retrieve users from the directory but doesn't display users' connection at any of the graphs.
We use O365 authentication and provisioning to bring users to Jira as portal users only and we don't assign licenses to them, what do you think is the best approach to link users to any assets/schema items in Insight!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.