Hello,
After a merge conflict I went to resolve on the CLI.
Once it was resolved I pushed up to the target branch which gave me this output:
Counting objects: 54, done.
Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 267.17 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: permission denied to update branch xxxx
To git@bitbucket.org:xxx/xxx.git
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> xxxx(pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@bitbucket.org:xxx/xxx.git'
I missed the error because I did not have permission to write to the target branch.
Note: Once the permissions were updated - I got this output:
Counting objects: 54, done.
Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 267.17 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote:
remote: Create pull request for xxxx:
remote: https://bitbucket.org/xxx/xxx/pull-requests/new?source=xxxx&t=1
remote:
To git@bitbucket.org:xxx/xxx.git
d3cd0e2..d4d0d0c HEAD -> xxxx
As you can see at a quick glance the text is very similar.
What would have been nice would be a final line coloured red or green to determine the status of the command.