I would like to better understand the difference between these two reports.
It would help if I could understand how the numbers for each report are calculated so that I can better determine which report is more suitable for my need.
Hey @Thomas Toth
The Average Age Report shows the average age (in days) of unresolved issues at given points in time, which means that it considers issues that are still unresolved.
While the Resolution Time Report shows the average time taken to resolve issues, which means that will consider only the issues that are already resolved and how much time it took to resolve them.
Both reports are based on your choice of project or filter (JQL) and you can also chose the units of time
Let me know if this makes sense to you!
Gabi
Thanks a lot, that makes at least the difference clearer.
How does Jira calculate the age or the time to resolution? Is that from the time the issue is created, or from when moved into the next status?
Cheers
Hi there!
It considers the time taken to resolve an issue, Thomas, this means: the report essentially pulls time data for your issues to determine when each issue has been set to a “Resolved” entry in the Resolution field since it was opened.
This also applies to the "age" of your issue, it considers time your issue was created and it is still open.
I hope this clarifies
Thanks a lot
Does the Time Resolution Report start calculating the time from the created date?
I would like the same data but would like the clock to start ticking when the status is changed to a specific value (when it is first moved to in progress).
Does anyone know how I can do this?
Hi,
Can anyone help me to understand what is this column all about "resolutiondate"?
Is this database column ?
is "resolutiondate" same as "Resolution Date:" (which is on screen)
@Marc Taylor I think you can use the control chart report to see what you are looking for
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.