I looked at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-disable-organizations-email-notification/qaq-p/318249 and followed the suggestions. But, the only choices I had are Reporter and Customers Involved. I changed it to just Reporter and this stopped notifications to others in the organization. HOWEVER, it also stopped notifications to the assignee. I do not see any option to have the notifications go to just the Reporter and the Assignee.
There are two places to set notifications, Notification Schema and Customer Notifications. They don't seem to work well together.
What am I doing wrong here? Example - for comments, in the Notification Schema, we have it set to notify the reporter and the assignee. But, it was going to everyone in the organization. To stop that, I followed the suggestions to change the customer notifications for comments to reporter only (the only other option is customers involved, and that was sending to everyone in the same organization). However, after doing that, the assignee is not getting notifications.
How do I set this so it follows the Notification Schema and sends to both the assignee and the reporter (but not everyone in the organization). I must be missing some component here.
UPDATE 8/30/2018: It appears some agents are getting notifications. I used the "notification helper" to check one of the users reporting they aren't getting e-mails regarding comments, and it indicates they should be receiving them, yet they are not. I've checked their mail settings, the mail queue, etc. Any ideas?