Hello All,
I joined a new organization who uses JIRA to manage their portfolio of application development work, and this is the first time I have used JIRA.
I have been a scrum master and product owner in my previous organization so I am very comfortable with writing user stories, acceptance creria and working with the team(s) to issue storypoints/hours to each story. I am well versed in Microsoft TFS; which was the tool we used in my previous organization to build, test and deploy software, as well as build, refine and maintain product backlogs, assign Sprints etc.
What I am trying to figure out with JIRA is, how do get the tool to produce burndown charts, velocity, etc, as well as what are my options for portfolio management? In the past, when I used TFS, this information seemed to be automagically generated as long as we had points/hours associated with the stories. This does not seem to be the case with JIRA.
If anyone in the community could point me in the right direction, it would e greatly appreciated!!!
Mike in STL Missouri