I have monthly service requests creating in the scheduler for patching etc. I'm able to have them open up directly in the appropriate team queue but can I have it assigned to an individual as well without the service desk doing it?
You can do that in the workflow, on the Create transition. There will be post function for assigning it to a user.
@Jason Knight, to provide you w/ the best response it would help to understand more about your requirement. Are you wanting to assign all sub-tasks to a single individual or do you want to do this on a conditional basis. If the latter what are the conditions? BTW, I'm not sure what you mean by "having the service desk doing it". Do you mean to say you don't want an Agent to have to set the Assignee but rather have it automatically done?
To step back some...i'm new and the previous service desk mgr setup Jira. So i'm learning. So we have the scheduler creating our monthly patching service requests and they were dropping into SD queue and my team would move the request, assign it etc. I'm able to have it drop into the appropriate support team queue but either my SD team or my server eng has to go out, find them and assign them to individual. Since we have a good dozen or so monthly SR's I'd like them to just auto assign to an individual if there was a way to place the logic in place.
Thanks Jason and no worries we all had to start at the beginning. You will learn quickly. :-)
So fully understand what you have conveyed. However, my question still is unanswered so let me rephrase.
Who get's assigned an issue? How do you determine the owner of an issue?
The reason this is important is that if you wish to automate assignment then you need to do so by checking the variables.
Example:
Let's say you have 4 different people that will be assigned the issue based on the area associated w/ the issue. You could use the Components field to do so and here is how:
Now this may not be the solution for your scenario. I just wanted to illustrate the concept.
Again, if you only have 1 person that would ever get assigned issues or if they deal w/ the vast majority then you can make them the project lead and default all issues to the project lead.
There are other solution, just need to understand more about your situation before I can suggest the 'best' solution.
Yeah so based today on the title we know who gets what. Windows patching - Kirk, Linux - Jeff etc. So I guessed if I could get it to a defined field I could tell the system how to assign. But the way our system was deployed I'm not seeing any components field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.