We have about 20 projects that we've been working on for a while. These are easy for users to log time on. All they have to do is click on the task, a summary appears in the right side bar, then the click ... and select Log Time. Easy. And if I wanted to create a time report, I clicked Reports and picked the report I wanted.
Then we set up a new task a few months ago and the process had got more complicated. Now the summary appeared in a modal without the option to log time - but if the user clicked through to a new screen then the option was still present. OK, an extra click, and annoying, but it worked. And when we clicked on Reports all our usual report options had vanished - but we found a work-around for that, too.
But now...
All of the old projects are still fine, but on the new project there is no option to log time at all.
Now, in that Project, under Issue Types I have found that I can add in Time as a parameter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgkp99gaxoj02q1/jira-time-001.PNG?dl=0
But this doesn't do anything. There is still no option to log time.
I've checked the documentation, here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-time-tracking-828788203.html and all it says is that Time Tracking needs to be enabled - which it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb5y65m7k4chlqt/jira-time-002.PNG?dl=0
This doesn't sound unreasonable. I just want my users to be able to log time, as they always have done. So what am I supposed to do?