Hi folks
We use JIRA server with 7.3.2 Today I found out that some teams our company are using JIRA cloud. I got a request to integrate/federate these applications. How to achieve it? I'm trying to follow this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/federating-jira-managing-multiple-instances-461504624.html#FederatingJira-ManagingMultipleInstances-Fedsearch . However, it doesn't have any instructions what we need to look before the integrating both the applications. Your inputs will be a great help. Thanks!
Hello Frank,
I think the first move of mine would be to have either jira server or jira cloud - not both of them at the same time.
If I move to a complete server solution - I'd opt for JIRA Data Center version, or if possible merge servers into one single server considering performance risks properly.
If I move for a cloud solution - I'd migrate all my server data to cloud, and administer them as one.
I'm sure you must be in a much complex situation - but I'd start my task considering above options.
Hi Frank
What particular are willing to achieve with integration?
If your main concern to enable users from one Jira instance be able to access data from the other one - I may recommend taking a look at WatchTower for Jira that aims consolidating data from different sources into one board
Regards
Andrey
Hi @Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Thanks for the reply. Cloud team has decided to move to server version. Currently, our server licence is 10,000 users. What is the best way to migrate from cloud to JIRA server?
@Andriy Dekhtyar _Rozdoum_ Sure. Our team was discussing about this add-on. I would like to know more about this add-on. Can this add-on helps to migrate the data from one instance to another?
Hi @Frank
Well, WatchTower is not a migration tool. Migration is the thing you need to do as independent procedure. The questions which WatchTower raises is - whether you actually need this migration? Some of your users may use cloud instance, while other can access cloud from their server instance instantly. This can run until either the project is over, or for quite a while.
If you please we can schedule a demo to show you how WatchTower can help you
@Frank Lets go through this once Frank ;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-802592270.html
@Vickey Palzor Lepcha Link is not working.
Try it again - if it doesn't work, just wipe out everything on the url after .html and reload
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.