This one is a bit hard to pin down and it's quite intermittent.
For what think is only one project, if I try and assign an issue to another user, it works, but the following error is displayed:
DetailsException: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of nullResource: http://jira.****/s/f9cb3c3606c06a55b89e08404b62fd07-T/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/ee97dee3d83a0d59e83147c22c311931/_/download/contextbatch/js/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-rapid-inline-editable,-_super,-gh-rapid,-greenhopper-rapid-non-gadget,-atl.general,-jira.project.sidebar,-jira.general/batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&baseurl-check-resources=true&healthcheck-resources=true&is-server-instance=true&is-system-admin=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jcap=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-UK&nps-acknowledged=true&richediton=true&spectrum=true&tempo_is_jira_version_equal_or_greater_than_7.0.0=true&tempo_is_tempo_core_licensed=true&tempo_is_tempo_timesheets_license_valid=true&whisper-enabled=trueLine: 914Column: 797EnvironmentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36Stack traceTypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of nullat r.a.options.onDialogFinished (http://jira.****/s/f9cb3c3606c06a55b89e08404b62fd07-T/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/ee97dee3d83a0d59e83147c22c311931/_/download/contextbatch/js/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-rapid-inline-editable,-_super,-gh-rapid,-greenhopper-rapid-non-gadget,-atl.general,-jira.project.sidebar,-jira.general/batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&baseurl-check-resources=true&healthcheck-resources=true&is-server-instance=true&is-system-admin=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jcap=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-UK&nps-acknowledged=true&richediton=true&spectrum=true&tempo_is_jira_version_equal_or_greater_than_7.0.0=true&tempo_is_tempo_core_licensed=true&tempo_is_tempo_timesheets_license_valid=true&whisper-enabled=true:914:797)at r._handleSubmitResponse (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:3498:3782)at Object.complete (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:3498:1808)at Object.i [as complete] (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:1205:2290)at j (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:66:58)at Object.fireWith (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:67:361)at d (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:192:421)at XMLHttpRequest.b (http://jira.****/s/e0d9e241f7f2797b360b901eda442cf4-CDN/-vsorll/711002/c5d573d9487f4a868ec0b0169ea78131/bfcfc7b618ed51f7112d83d2fc60a7a1/_/download/contextbatch/js/_super/batch.js?locale=en-UK&spectrum=true:204:149)
Because if it's intermittent nature, I've never been able to consistently reproduce it in testing long enough to pin down exact circumstances. But so far it appears to be only one Board or Project, but even that I'm not 100% certain on.
Really not sure where to start with this one, so hopefully someone can see something that gives the game away in the above error.
I'm running lastest Jira versions 7.11.2 on Centos 7 with Percona 5.7
Thanks in advance.
You can start from here, for example:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-software-exception-uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-fields-or-html-of-undefined-779159021.html
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15185
Opps, didn't mean to post an answer
Thanks for your help, I'll look into the plugin route as the language is certainly not the issue. I have been having some what I thought was separate issues with Tempo so it's my prime suspect. Reproducing it in safe mode is hard due to it's highly intermittent nature, you can use it all day without a single problem, then it will break then work for an unknown period of time again.
Sorry for the very very late reply on this, taken this long for me to find the time to properly run through the suggestions in these articles.
Unfortunately, I've checked them all and none resolve the issue. So I know it's not plugin related in particular as safemode makes no difference.
I verified all the fields, no issues with required fields and there are no non english languages in use.
Additionally, I'm sure I've confirmed this error only fires if I'm assigning to someone other than myself, I changed the email notification preferences so I'm sent notifications when I assign them to myself, but same result, no error if assiging to yourself. Errors intermittently when assigning to others.
I'm totally out of ideas on this one!
Should note I just found a bug logged in the issue tracker from someone with the same issue by the looks of it back in june. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67401
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.