I have read many document and forums on this and can not seem to get one to stick. We have an agent that works on back office only requests and we have an issue Type for our customers call Back Office Requests. I can not get these issue types when they come in get auto assigned to that Agent.
Hello @Richard Maltese,
@Raynard Rhodes automation suggestion is right and you have an automation feature embedded with Jira Service Desk! Go to Project settings > Automation and add a custom rule:
Hope this helps!
- Manon
Do you have an automation plugin? I use Automation for Jira and it works well for this kind of thing. Although I'm sure you can use the default settings. I currently do not have Jira in front of me but I think you can use
WHEN: ISSUE CREATED
IF: ISSUE MATCHES: issuetype = "Back Office Requests"
THEN: EDIT ISSUE: Assigne - Add that specific agent
That's good catch. I used Issue Type instead of Request Type.
Ah, indeed! I read too quickly and because of "Back office requests" I thought you used request type
Cool, I am trying to do this how however when doing the "Then Do This" I can not add or set it to "Edit "assignee" any ideas on why I can not set that?
I have a similar question.
I want to to change the issue type after the ticket has already been created (we created issue types based on tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3). I want to have tickets that are edited to a tier 3 to be auto assigned to someone.
I tried following the instructions on this thread, but to no prevail.
I appreciate the assistance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.