I have found that jira is taking a lot of time to load a page and it is very slow. I get errors as shown in the attachment. I have also attached the link for GTMetrix report, https://gtmetrix.com/reports/jira.faradayfuture.com/7WfEr2rx , any suggestions on how I could increase the performance of the JIRA.
Hi @Sushma Nagaraj,
can you give us a bit more details on the server where Jira is running, like CPU, RAM, VPS or dedicated, ...
How many users/projects/issues do you have on this jnstance ?
Thanks,
Alexis
Hi Alexis,
JIRA is running on Tomcat server and there are around 3226 users and 416 different projects.
Sushma
Hi Sushma,
Are you able to share information on the number/size of CPUs, RAM (system and XMS/XMX settings)
The report indicates that gzip isn't enabled (in jira or a reverse proxy) which will compress the content sent over the network
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-jira-application-options-861253962.html indicates where this setting is in Jira itself (though if you have apache/nginx/etc as a proxy in front of Jira, leaving gzip off in Jira but enabling it a the webserver level is would be my recommendation.
How many custom fields do you have?
Your server appears to be in/around LA - are the bulk of your users in the same vicinity or spread around geographically?
Do you notice an increase in performance after a clean Jira application start and it then diminishes over time, or is it always about this slow?
CCM
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.