Using Bitbucket Cloud (not Server) and created a webhook specifying our Jenkins server. The Jenkins server has the Bitbucket Branch Source Plugin installed and configured with the Bitbucket endpoint and credentials for accessing Bitbucket from Jenkins. The webhook executes and I trace the POST through the nginx proxy server to the Jenkins server and back. The reply is a 403 with the message about "no valid crumb". This is because CSRF is turned on in Jenkins global security along with the Defautl Crumb Issuer and proxy compatibility enabled. If I turn off CSRF in Jenkins, then I get a permission denied for anonymous user instead of the "no valid crumb" error. CloudBees has a good description at https://support.cloudbees.com/hc/en-us/articles/219257077-CSRF-Protection-Explained on why/who to create a crumb.
So my question is how to configure the webhook for create and send a valid crumb in the header along with the Bitbucket originated webhook request? According to CloudBees, the crumb expires so it needs to be dynamically generated by the webhook trigger. I don't see any documentation for Bitbucket about handling authentication with webhooks. (Creating a valid crumb requires contacting the Jenkins server with a username/password and a crumb request)
Has anyone successfully used a Bitbucket Cloud webhook to trigger a Jenkins build where Jenkins has authentication configured along with CSRF. Wondering if there is another way to tackle this problem.
Thank you, Cecil