I'd like to modify my Burndown charting by eliminating Test Cases and Test Scenarios from my reports.
@Andrew Thomas, are your test cases and scenarios just issuetypes in Jira? If so the only way I know of to ignore them in the burndown is to ignore them on the associated board altogether, i.e. exclude them in the board filter. Another possibility (?) is to leave those issues un-estimated altogether. In that way they could remain on the board and be managed during the sprint but working them to closure would have no +/- impact to your burndown. At least I expect that to be the behavior.
Thanks Jack!
I'm thinking if I filter these issue types out, that the Burndown Chart wont pick them up; however the team still wishes to have them as an issue type - much like a bug.
Bugs are not story pointed and therefore goes against your velocity. Test Cases shouldn't be pointed unless you're separating testing from your story. At least that's they way it seems to me.
Each story should have all aspects of story completion as well as testing and acceptance criteria for the definition of done. I'm wondering if this is just a process issue or if there was a different intention for Test Case and Test Scenario issue types.
Are you using some test case add on or have you simply created a custom issuetype, e.g. Test Cases and Test Scenarios. If the later then they will be treated just like any other task. Jira really doesn't have any concept of test cases or special treatment for them. For that you need an addon. I cannot say how the addons factor into burndown though.
Gotcha! Thanks Jack!!! I appreciate your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.