I'm not sure how to phrase this into a meaningful question. I started a new job last week, have set up all the credentials that I know of, including bitbucket's 2FA. I generated a new key pair, added them to my ssh config, and added the public key to my bitbucket keys. No login problems that I know of. (though I do need to change my Atlassian pw but can't find where.)
In any case when I push my branch with this:
git push -u origin [your Branch name]
I get this:
’git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Now I did notice that Bitbucket's ssh setup asked me to add
'UseKeychain yes' to the ssh config file. No problem, but it did not ask me to add a Host statement for bitbucket. Previously, my employer had me add a line for each server I'd be accessing, such as:
Host dev1
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa_project1 User jsmith
Currently I already have a github host statement:
Host
github.com IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa_project1
So I'm wondering, do I need to add in a line for the Atlassian host?? Especially since I already have a github host listed? Or something else I'm missing?
Thanks!
Peter