The instruction provided does not help me.
Provide us with the instructions you're using so we can clear up confusions.
1. Go to your board by clicking search
view all boards, and selecting your board
2. Click more board settings
Please refer to the below link to create boards:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board
Hi Joseph
Those instructions (for someone who is used to creating boards) seem fairly straightforward. Which step don't you understand? Rather than just saying they don't help, let us know where you're getting stuck and we can guide you through it
I am very new to JIRA. When I click on search, I don't see the "board". In fact, nothing shows up. The alternative was to click on "create" but that takes me straight to "issues".
Okay. Next question, are you on the server or cloud based version of Jira? Does your UI look similar to Raynard's screenshot above or more like the one below?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/I-need-need-help-setting-up-or-creating-board/qaq-p/867079?utm_campaign=&utm_content=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm#M31250
@Joseph OFEI,
I think you are right. I may not have permission to set up a board. I will check with my tech and get back to you.
My URL is as follows;
AMLJIRA.bankofamerica.com
I am new to JIRA and have never created any board.
You are on a server version for which the instructions are here.
Given your URL and the questions here, I'm sure you are not an admin and likely have not been provided permission to create a board. If the instructions in the link I provided don't allow you to create a board then please contact your admin about the possibility to get permission.
Note below you will see a snapshot from the documentation link I provided above. It is for version 7.11. If you are running an older version please select the version from the drop down to ensure the instructions align with your situation.
p.s. when communicating w/ in the Community please use "Reply" button within the appropriate answer vs. "Suggest an answer" to ensure the thread remains sane.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.