Comments at the bottom of all web pages for all Spaces have disappeared. We would like to restore the original functionality of Confluence and have Comments enabled.
We downloaded an evaluation/trial plugin call HideElements. We used options in the PlugIn to disable comments on one web page in one Space. Then, we disabled and uninstalled the evaluation plugin. When we reviewed our Spaces, we discovered that Comments were not being shown on any web page in any Space. I contacted the developer of HideElements and was told his program was not the cause. Once the plugin is disabled and then uninstalled, the plugin can not be the cause of the problem.
I've re-booted the Confluence Server. I've tested with many different Internet Browsers. I've logged in using multiple user accounts. I've checked every Confluence module to see if any module was inadvertently disabled. I simply can't find a way to re-enable Comments on Confluence web pages. I hope there's something simple that I'm missing.
Can anyone give me some pointers or suggest something to check-out and troubleshoot? Is there a global database flag that might prevent Comments from being displayed?
Thank you.