Hey all,
I'm fairly new to JIRA and am trying to set up an agile project but have hit a stumbling block.
I have a single client with multiple, parallel streams of development. What I mean by this is, for said client I have a maintenance stream that runs and releases every months and also alongside this I have a major development stream that delivers major upgrades every quarter. These are 2 separate streams and remain separate because we need to ability to be able to release quick fixes etc in the maintenance stream.
I run these with 2 separate scrum teams, however all defects or changes are essential from the same backlog. We groom the backlog to say what can go jnto maint and what should go into the major stream.
So my question, what would be the best way to set this up? A project for each? But then i would have 2 backlogs or can I have a single project with parallel versions/sprint running. But I need to be able to report on these as separate streams.
An added complication. Anything fixed in the maint stream needs to be cloned/updated into the major release stream. So I need to still be able to do this.
Hope all this makes sense.
Thanks
Scott