I'm trying do an upgrade from 6.1.6 to 7.0. I understand that the best way to do this is to start from 6.1 to 6.4, and then 6.4 to 7.0.
I downloaded the bin file (Linux) for 6.4.14 and proceeded on the steps. Each time I come to the part on specifying the Existing installation directory, it gives the error message:
"The directory you have selected is not a valid JIRA installation directory."
I specified the correct path, which is /opt/jira.home which contains the following folders and files:
analytics-logs caches data dbconfig.xml export import log logos monitor plugins structure tmp
This is the only folder that I know with JIRA files, and hence I'm assuming it is the existing JIRA installation. (This installation was done by someone else years ago). In the System Info for the server it also listed:
Location of JIRA home and the Location of JIRA Local Home as /opt/jira.home
Seems like every version I tried, 6.2, 6.3 all gave the same error.
I also tried to find the configuration tool, the config.sh script but could not find this any where on my server.
Appreciate if someone can throw some light on how to resolve this.
Many Thanks