I have alot of data inside the customer field and want to change all from lower case to upper case using Bulk update. Please advise
Bulk update can only 'set' field values. You'll not find an Upper Case or Lower Case method. The only option would be to use a scripting addon or use the REST API to read out the values, manipulate them, and put them back.
My vote also goes for a scripting add-on. You do not need to purchase one, but highly suggested.
Simple script would do.
Agreed -- This level of work would be difficult without either a plugin or a good knowledge of CURL to send API commands.
Yes, that is what I thought. Alot of data is already loaded in the system via Bulk, then they realized now that some of the items are in lower case.
How about exporting the data > delete>modify >upload? I am new to Jira, so I am not sure if there is an export custom fields functions and mass delete.
Hello,
You can do it with the Power Scripts add-on.
Your script would look like this:
string [] keys = selectIssues("yourcustomfield is not Empty");for(string k in keys) { %k%.yourcustomfield = toUpper(%k%.yourcustomfield) }
toUpper(
)
I just had to do this and it works great:
Customize as needed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.