I have clear the sub-filter in Kanban, but no luck. I do not want any issue display in the Scrum board when I create issue in the Kanban board.
Thanks
Puneet
Hi @Puneet Varma,
if you have two different boards in your project, you have to take care that every issue is belonging to one board only.
Look at your board configuration and there on the filter query. Edit the query, so that every single issue is only belonging to one board, e.g. with a special component for scrum and another one for kanban.
What value do I need to select in the query in order to make this happen?
Check the two filters that you use in Kanban and Scrum board - there is a commonality between the two filters and that is why they are fetching the same data on both boards.
share your filters here if you like.
Whatever value it is that you want to determine if something appears on a board should block if from the other. It sounds like you want the boards to be mutually exclusive.
If, for example, you want things with "Colour (custom field) = Red" on one board and not on the other, then one board filter should include "And Colour = Red", and the other filter, the opposite clause - "And Colour != Red or Colour is empty"
Under General and filter screen (Scrum)
Board Name Software Refresh
Filter:
Filter for Software Refresh
Shares Project: Project Name
filter Query: project = NEW ORDER BY Rank A SC
Rank Using Rank
Board Name Hardware Refresh
Filter for Hardware Refresh
Sub-Filter is blank
Any issue I create in the Kanban board should not be displayed at all in the Scrum board vice versa.
There is no distinction between Software Refresh and Hardware Refresh board filter query.
Find a parameter that differentiates your issues between Hardware Refresh and Software Refresh, add it in the filter and they will work.
I would do something like this.
1) Create a new field with dropdown option - Hardware and Software
2) Every time I create issue I select field either as hardware or as software
3) Add that in my filter queries respectively and have them in their respective boards.
Pros -
1) You'll learn how to make a custom field with dropdown options
2) Proper filter query between two boards
Cons -
Long process and it's like doing more than what you are asking for . Killing a housefly with a cannon - but it kills
Lol, thanks for your help. Do I need to filter query under General --> Save filter or Quick filters
General - Saved Filters for the Board.
After that works fine and you get all the issues that you expect in a board - you can further filter INSIDE THE BOARD using QUICK FILTER.
Say inside SOFTWARE - you have ORACLE, SAP, PHP, TOMCAT, you can use Quick Filter option to change views further.
But for now - work on Saved Filter.
I am able to use the sub-filter for Kanban , but for Scrum board I am able to see the Kanban issues even though I have set a query
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.