I am new to Jira and just installed the software on a Windows 2012 server.
After the initial install, I got the message that Jira installed correctly. It then launched IE and went strait to the URL http://localhost:8080/secure/errors.jsp. The page comes up completely blank. I tried the URL http://localhost:8080/jira and it also comes up blank. Same thing happens when I use the server name instead of local host.
As I said, I am new to this so I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting this issue.
Emmanuel,
Can you show us what you have set in your server.xml file?
Thank you! We'd like to see your port setup as well as your context path especially.
Regards,
Shannon
FWIW, i experience a blank page on Jira using IE long ago. It had to do with IE compatibility mode. Here is the thread discussing this. Likely unrelated but for sure I would try another browser to rule it out.
Below is my server.xml file. It is the default setup. I used this walk through (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-windows-938846835.html) and basically got to step 2.3
This is running on the same machine that Confluence is installed on. I don't know if that makes a difference. I have not gotten to the point of integrating them together.
Thanks in advance.
Emmanuel
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!-- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License athttp://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.--><Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener"/> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="on"/> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"/> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener"/> <Service name="Catalina"> <!-- ============================================================================================================== DEFAULT - Direct connector with no proxy for unproxied access to Jira. If using a http/https proxy, comment out this connector. ============================================================================================================== --> <Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/> <!-- ============================================================================================================== HTTP - Proxying Jira via Apache or Nginx over HTTP If you're proxying traffic to Jira over HTTP, uncomment the below connector and comment out the others. Ensure the proxyName and proxyPort are updated with the appropriate information if necessary as per the docs. See the following for more information: Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/4xQLM nginx - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/DAFmGQ ============================================================================================================== --> <!-- <Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false" scheme="http" proxyName="<subdomain>.<domain>.com" proxyPort="80"/> --> <!-- ============================================================================================================== HTTPS - Proxying Jira via Apache or Nginx over HTTPS If you're proxying traffic to Jira over HTTPS, uncomment the below connector and comment out the others. Ensure the proxyName and proxyPort are updated with the appropriate information if necessary as per the docs. See the following for more information: Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/PTT3MQ nginx - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/DAFmGQ ============================================================================================================== --> <!-- <Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false" secure="true" scheme="https" proxyName="<subdomain>.<domain>.com" proxyPort="443"/> --> <!-- ============================================================================================================== AJP - Proxying Jira via Apache over HTTP or HTTPS If you're proxying traffic to Jira using the AJP protocol, uncomment the following connector line See the following for more information: Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/QiJ9MQ ============================================================================================================== --> <!-- <Connector port="8009" URIEncoding="UTF-8" enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" /> --> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost"> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"> <Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true"> <Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/> <Manager pathname=""/> <JarScanner scanManifest="false"/> </Context> </Host> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r""/> </Engine> </Service></Server>
Thanks. Don't think that is it. Tried modifying compatibility mode and tested in Chrome. still the same issue.
Thank you,
So using /jira will only work if you set it as the context path so localhost:8080 would work if you didn't change anything.
If you use the IP address instead does the same happen? There's no SSL set up?
Can you confirm each browser and version that you're able to replicate this in?
Thank you
I have tested on both Chrome and IE11 and the same problem occurred on both.
Tried both localhost:8080 and the ip address. Both redirect me to {localhost/ipaddress}:8080/secure/errors.jsp. Both give a blank page.
There is no SSL set up as far as I know.
Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.