Hi,
I know that filed id is_10008 but I want to know the filed name in JIRA SD.
so i can know this.
Hi @AKSHAY THAKARE,
If you have sys-administrator right, you should be able to see the name of the field after entering the following link and ID.
for example:
http://IP/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10008
@AKSHAY THAKARE
Login as JIRA adminstrator, click the admin button Issues > Custom fields, there is a button at the top right had side of every custom field when you click it you will see Configure | Edit | Translate you can click any of this then you will have a link like this
https:JIRAurl/secure/admin/EditCustomField!default.jspa?id=15800
then change this number to the one you know 10008 so it will be like thishttps:JIRAurl/secure/admin/EditCustomField!default.jspa?id=10008
you will be in the interface of this custom field.
There is another way but time consuming, you can press F12 on your keyboard,click on inspect from the developer view of your browser(lets say fire fox mozila)then iterate over custom field window in JIRA by moving cursor of you mouseto every custom field name until you find the one that has the number 10008
Best!
I have admin rights, and I tried this but I'm not getting the result.
The above solutions are easier, but you can also use this script to do the same
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenFactoryimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenSchemeManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.issuefields.screens.ViewFieldScreensimport com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowManager
def sb = new StringBuffer()def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()def cField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_id")
sb.append("${cField}<br/>\n")
return sb.toString()
Another quick solution which works without admin rights is to use the "Export to XML" option (top right corner) while browsing the issue containing the field. The XML file contains lines like this:
<customfield id="customfield_11664" key="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select">
<customfieldname>Environment</customfieldname>
Source: Jira Knowledge Base
@Ahsan Yes you are able to do it like this right but this is costly you will need to have the script runner plugin , it is not for free and by the way you don't need these five lines in your code.
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenFactoryimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenSchemeManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.issuefields.screens.ViewFieldScreensimport com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowManager
Kind regards,
Moses
Go to any custom field, Click the context menu at right and click "Edit Details"
This will open the edit screen for that field.
In your browser's address bar, the field ID will be the last digits
e.g. id=XXXXX
To find your custom field by ID, just change those digits and hit enter.
How can I find the ID if I know the field name?
This is my GO-TO when I need anything field related. It gives me everything I need to know.
My app, Admin Pro for Jira makes all of this information easy to get at for all fields, system or custom. It is made specifically so that you can do a reverse lookup of any Jira object--field, screen, priority,, workflow, etc. by ID and get the name.
It also gives non-admin users a button on the Issue view to see all of the field IDs on the current issue so that they don't have to bug the admins for them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.