We use Jira software to support a number of clients with their software projects.
If a client creates a new issue, I want it assigned automatically to one person who is responsible for investigation, triage, and ultimately assigning the issue to the appropriate consultant - we'll call her "Investigator".
However, if the client's consultant creates an issue on the client's behalf, I want the consultant to be able to assign the issue to themselves or anyone else as is typical with a newly created issue.
Right now, both "Investigator" and consultants are all in the project role "Consultants," with clients in the project role "Clients".
I've been able to create a post-function that automatically assigns newly created issues to the Investigator (based on her username, not anything to do with project roles), but I'm not seeing a way to create a conditional post-function ("If reporter's project role = Client, then assign to user=Investigator").
Any recommendations on how to go about this? I've played around with a few add-ons that may have this functionality but I have not been able to crack it yet.