I wanted to create Kanban swim-lanes for the agile scrum project. If I add a new column/ swim-lane to Kanban will the other users be impacted from this? I have project admin access.
you can easily add a new board that is not shared w/ anyone. then you can make it look like whatever you want w/o confusing others that would be using the original board.
@Mehman_Sadigov - yes of course. The configuration is the same for every user of the board.
Is there anyway it could be set that I could see only?
No, I don't think so.
But remember: if your issue is part of two different boards, every change on the issue is shown in both boards. Especially with Scrum boards, this can lead to confusion. If you want to see swimlanes in a scrumboard, you have to start the sprint in your private board also.
I would prefer other types of reporting, e.g. dashboards.
@Thomas Schlegel, I agree but was working from the premise we weren't talking about having different workflows. Any change made on one will accurately reflect on the other. Not entirely following your point here. Examples:
Example 1: multiple statuses in a column:
Example 2: a user wants to configure swimlane different than the current board
With all that said, the usefulness of the two board approach depends greatly on Mehman's actual goals.
Thanks so much guys. I am trying to build Portfolio to Program and to Team level Kanban.
Portfolio swim-lanes: Idea- Thought-Review- Accept-Developing- Released- Completed
Program swim lanes: which will be more granular view of the Review, Developing, Completed, and Released.
This is how I was thinking on mapping it all together. Also let's assume that at Portfolio level I open Epics, Program level Features, and Team Level Stories
Portfolio Level: Thought-Review-Accept-Developing-Completed-Released----> Epics (Slice to Features and pass to program)
Program Level: None (maps to Thought)-Vision Gate (maps to Review)-Arch gate (maps to Review)- Release Plan (maps to Accepted)------>Slice Features to Stories
Team Level: None (maps to Thought)- In-Analysis (maps to Thought)- Ready for Dev (maps to Thought)- Dev In-Progress (maps to Developing)- QA In Progress(maps to Developing)- PO Accepted (maps to Completed)
Not sure about how I would map released
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.