Hi guys, I seem to be stuck here.
I Would like to create 2 fields when our technicians close the service desk tickets.
So what I did is I created a screen called "Helpdesk : Resolution Screen" with the 2 custom fields "Origin of Issue" & "Participant Name" on the screen.
I then added the screen to all the transitions in the "Help Desk" workflow that transition to the "Resolved"status.
Now, that seems to work fine but the moment I make those fields mandatory (which is what is required) our service desk just stops collecting tickets through our email channel. Now I understand that if you make it mandatory it wants those fields on the issue creation screen as well and on the email channel there is no way to fill out those fields? Or am I mistaken? We only use the email channel on our servicedesk so I need this working.
The reason why I need to add these custom fields is for reporting purposes. So these fields will act as "hooks"if you will. Which our BI team is looking at using to pull accurate reports.
Has anyone run into an issue like this before?
Any help would be appreciated.