Hello! I am a long time veteran with the Atlassian tool-set when run on an on-premise server. However, I am new to cloud. With the new "administration" console that manages all user and group permissions, I am having some trouble assigning permissions for a user to do some certain stuff.
Is it possible to allow a user access to manage users and groups for Confluence, without allowing them access or occupying a license for the Jira functions?
In essence, I have a Jira admin and a Confluence admin. I want each one to manage groups and users for their respective applications. However, when I add either one to the "site admin" group or the "jira admin" or "confluence admin" group, I noticed that they then occupy a license for the opposite application and I do not want to waste my licenses like that.
In server, it was easy as we did not run crowd and the user and group lists were being managed by the respective application. It seems like there is no way to replicate this setup in the cloud version?
Thanks in advance for any help!