I wanted to get the awesome Jira dashboard gadgets available in Confluence. So I followed the instructions online to make sure the apps were linked and trusted, I found the gadget URL's and added them in the confluence admin panel, and I was able to see them as options when I selected "add macro" while editing my page. I selected wallboard, and saw the configuration screen for selecting the board, the size, quick filters, etc. - all great. I hit "save" and saw the preview and everything - but when I hit "insert", the dialogue box closes and nothing appears on the Confluence page.
The same problem happens for all the gadget url's I added - wallboard, roadmap, created vs resolved, pie charts, etc. They show up as macro options when editing Confluence, allow me to configure by selecting project/size/filter, confirms with a preview when I hit "save", but when I click "insert", nothing appears on the page. What am I doing wrong here?