My Setup:
JIRA Version: 5.2.11
Greenhopper Version: 6.2.4.1
I am using a Greenhopper Scrum board to manage our product backlog. Once feature requests are approved they show up in our backlog and I am able to sort them by dragging them up or down.
My Problem:
I would like the feature requests to show up at the bottom of the backlog when they are approved. However, since the ranking seems to be based off of when the issue was created, the issues will show up in random places in the backlog based on when the issues were created. We will sometimes not approve a feature request for several weeks based on the need to get additional information from the requestor, so it would be nice if I could change the ranking automatically to be at the bottom of the backlog at the time of approval.
I have tried using the "Update Issue Custom Field" and the "Clear Field Value" Post Functions with the "Rank" field on the workflow transition that changes the status to "Approved", but it seems that no matter what I do the value of the "Rank" field does not change.
My Question:
Is it possible to change the ranking of an issue via a Post Function in a Workflow Transition?