Hi there,
I've been working on a staging server to upgrade our old Jira 6.4 + Service Desk 1.2.7 to the latest releases.
The Jira update itself seemed to go OK. The instance is now running 7.11. However, when I try to update the service to version 3.14.0 (the minimum version required for compatibility), it results in an error 500 when I try to access an existing project.
The error log looks like this:
Cause
Referer URL: http://jiratest.org.uk:8080/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=service_desk&s=view_projects
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.querydsl.core.QueryException: Caught SQLServerException for select "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."ID", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PROJECT_ID", "PROJECT"."pname", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PUBLIC_SIGNUP", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."OPEN_CUSTOMER_ACCESS", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_BY_USER_KEY", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_DATE", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_WITH_EMPTY_PROJECT", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."VERSION_CREATED_AT", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."LEGACY_TRANSITION_DISABLED" from "dbo"."AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK" "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK" inner join "dbo"."project" "PROJECT" on "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PROJECT_ID" = "PROJECT"."ID" order by "PROJECT"."pname" asc
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.querydsl.core.QueryException: Caught SQLServerException for select "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."ID", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PROJECT_ID", "PROJECT"."pname", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PUBLIC_SIGNUP", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."OPEN_CUSTOMER_ACCESS", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_BY_USER_KEY", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_DATE", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."CREATED_WITH_EMPTY_PROJECT", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."VERSION_CREATED_AT", "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."LEGACY_TRANSITION_DISABLED" from "dbo"."AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK" "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK" inner join "dbo"."project" "PROJECT" on "AO_54307E_SERVICEDESK"."PROJECT_ID" = "PROJECT"."ID" order by "PROJECT"."pname" asc
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.forward(DynamicAuthorizationServletForwarder.java:55) [?:?]
Should I have installed the Service Desk updates first before starting on the Jira updates? I was following the upgrade path described here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira+jsd_upgrade
Many thanks,
Doug