I need to import data from one instance of JIRA to another. I have both the XML backup file and a complete tarball for the JIRA application. I have stage a new instance of JIRA at the identical version (7.1.4) and identical database (MySQL 5.6.x).
I successfully processed these files using the Restore capability with in the target JIRA system. After the restore completed, the passwords and users changed to match the source. However, only some of the projects/issues are visible in the target.
I suspect the reason is that I have custom fields in some of the source system projects. I read (somewhere) that customization have to be made in the target system prior to the "restore". However, the information is vague, and it is not clear to me how to proceed.
Can anyone point me to the process to restore all the data?
Any guidance is gratefully accepted,
Thanks,
Mark