Right now I have several states in my workflow where we have created some approval steps. For those steps we don't want anyone to change the content of the fields in the issue so we have set editable = False. However this means users cannot log work which we need them to be able to do. Is there a way to accommodate this?
Michael,
Please look into Workflow Properties in JIRA
Example
jira.issue.editable = true/false
jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrator
Victor
If I set it to editable = False I cannot get people to Log Work... that is the issue.
Can I set it to:
jira.issue.editable = true
And allow people not in jira-administrator to Log Work?
Hi @volatility_999 , I am researching the same topic, may I ask if you have found a solution?
What we ended up doing was only allowing people to change values via the transitions and we controlled what could be changed in the transitions. This seems to have been a reasonable workaround.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.