Hi Is there a way to display the 'not prioritized' issues at the top of the backlog. Currently the new issues appear at the bottom of the list and get missed
Most boards are using Rank in order to arrange items. If you're boards is using this to sort, then all issues are automatically getting a rank value immediately after they are created.
However if you are using a priority field, you could create a quick filter for the board with a JQL value of
(priority = low OR priority is empty)
In order to see issues without a priority value or with a low value. This could help you quickly view only issues that match that query and the board's main filter.
The field configuration scheme for the priority field in this project will determine if the priority field is a required field or not. And if it is, then in that case, you might have some other field value such as 'none' that issue get by default if the user doesn't set a value.
Thanks for the response Andrew. I am referring to the new backlog section in the Kanban project. I am unable to get the newly created tasks arranged based on priorities here (not sure how and where to apply the filter)
I am trying to get the 'not prioritized' issues (new ones) appear at the top of this backlog so that we don't need to scroll through all the issues to check for the new ones.
Yes, I understand what you are trying to do here. This is why I suggested the use of a Quick Filter. A quick filter can be used as a toggle button on a board (and in the new kanplan backlog) that you can click in order to quickly hide issues that do not match that filter's criteria.
So first we need to understand exactly how your new issues are different than the ones you don't want to see. You mentioned prioritization, so I thought you were referring specifically to the Jira field called "Priority". Perhaps that is not what you meant to use here exactly. That's okay if you don't want to use Jira's priority field to sort/filter these issues. But if we don't use that field, then we need to understand how these new issues are different than the other issues. Will they all have a particular status? a specific custom field value?
Once we understand a way that Jira can distinguish between these two types of issues, we can then create a new quick filter for that board and then use that to quickly find these new issues.
Hi Andrew, thank you! Yes, I am using the priority field for prioritization. The new tasks that are raised are appended at the end of the backlog. They don't appear on our board unless we explicitly move it to TODO just like on scrum boards. I am trying to get these new ones (with priority = not prioritized) to appear at the top of the backlog list itself.
i.e items in my backlog do not appear on the board (only the ones in Todo and onward appear on the board). Just wondering isn't the quick filter specific to the board?
I am assuming you are suggesting to add the below JQL
<status = backlog and priority = Not prioritized>
in the 'quick filter' section of configure board
However I am confused about:
Will adding this as quick filter help in getting the 'not prioritized' tasks show up on the top of my 'backlog' list
Thanks a lot for your patience and for helping me resolve the problem
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.