Hi all,
I'am using Jira Service Desk 3.13.1 on my own server, not a cloud.
I've faced a problem with customers' groups and email notifications. Imagine the following scenario:
- I have a typical group of customers who can raise tickets. Let's call them Customers.
- There are also some people who don't raise tickets however they need to receive email notifications everytime someone from Customers rised a ticket. I prepared separate group for them called Supervisors. They are not JIRA Service Desk agents, but customers only.
- In JIRA Service Desk Project settings, Customer permissions tab I selected "Who can customers share requests with? Any customer or organization, by searching in this project". So I assume that in a Service Desk form a customer can choose Customers or Supervisors group.
- But the above is not true. A person from Customers can share a request only with Customers organization, Supervisors is not visible.
Workaround would be merging Customers and Supervisors groups into one large group but I don't want to send a notification to everyone. First I tried to edit email notification template but it turned out that I am not able to provide recipients other than "Reporter (customer)" and "Customers involved".