Hi! I'm facing this sceneario:
My Help Desk team attends calls and most of them are resolved during the call. They want to register those calls into Jira Service Desk (in name of the customer), set resolution type and close the issues from create screen, all at once.
So I've defined the following stuff:
- Issue type called "Call".
- WF with two status, open and closed, and one only transition between O-->C.
- Create screen, where I've added "Resolution" field, because Help Desk needs to set the ending resolution of the call (not all calls can set a fixed value, maybe the user request has no solution, or user is not authorised to do that request by phone, ...)
- Using "Automation Lite" I've added an automation rule that simply closes the issues with issuetype = Call.
Alls seems to be well definded. The issues are created and transitioned fine, but at the end, issues remain with "Resolution" = "Unresolved". If I deactivate automation rule, I see the issue is created without resolution (and obviously remains in Open status).
Any idea what could be wrong there? Is this really possible or resolution field is ignored at create time?