My first Atlassian Community question!
Among many other things, we are using JIRA cloud as a service desk ticketing system. We have a Project solely for tickets and as a service technician I have many filters for that Project.
Additionally, we have a Project for each department for deploying new equipment. This way each new device is a Task with several Sub-Tasks within the department Project by itself. this is the best method for us, as there are many actions that require the device to change hands before the device can be deployed.
Therefore, we have created 3 templates within each department's technology deployment Project. We will clone one of these templates based on the the criteria of the equipment and the tasks/sub-tasks that are required.
*Question*
I need to create a filter that will sort this Project in a way that these templates (Tasks) will always be at the top. In spite of the template being at the top I need to sort the clones of this template. (the clones will be tasks as well)
In other words, my templates always need to be at the top no matter how I choose to sort the instances of the clones (which will be renamed once they are cloned).
currently my search is:
project = OTDP AND resolution = Unresolved AND issuetype != Sub-task ORDER BY priority ASC, summary DESC, updated DESC
Thanks for your help!