I have been migrating the JIRA data for the company I work for from version 4.0.2 to the latest version. Although I have experienced many road blocks, today I was finally able to install and configure JIRA 4.0.2 on a test laptop, import the data from our old server, and upgrade to version 4.4.5 manually. There were several errors that seemed to be resolved by re-indexing. I testing creating, editing, and completing an issue, and everything worked fine. I then upgraded to version 6.4.40 using the in-line upgrade. I was testing that and discovered that I was unable to complete an issue, but am able to edit it. When I click on "Complete" the screen dims and a loading icon appears (shown below). I have tried waiting over 5 minutes, and the screen did not change. I was able to cancel the action with 'Esc'.
![2018-07-09 16_11_18-[TP-81] Testing issue creation in JIRA version 6.4 - JIRA.png 2018-07-09 16_11_18-[TP-81] Testing issue creation in JIRA version 6.4 - JIRA.png](https://us.v-cdn.net/6038660/uploads/images/26493iEDE1328053F7F6D7/2018-07-09%2016_11_18-%5BTP-81%5D%20Testing%20issue%20creation%20in%20JIRA%20version%206.4%20-%20JIRA.png)
Any thoughts? What might have gotten corrupted during the upgrade from 4.4.5 to 6.4.40?
Thanks.
EDIT 2018-7-10-0821: I've tried updating the workflow, but JIRA still gets stuck when I try to Complete the issue.